Sunday, June 18, 2006

Read anything good lately?

I have to pick my book club book for July. Does anyone have anything to recommend? Our group reads a little bit of everything. I suppose we don't want anything horribly heavy in the summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mylz said...

Whinnie the Poo. I'm SURE your book club would just LOVE IT! :)

June 18, 2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger Marcile said...

Jamie,
It seems strange that I don't immediately have a book to suggest,but reading is not as easy as it used to be , so I haven't done a lot of it lately.
Do you think your group would like the Kent Haruf books. Remember Plain Song, The Tie that Binds, etc.
I also liked the Billy Letts books-remember Where the Heart is ?
I loved The Kite Runner but it isn't exactly light reading.
Karen suggested one to me that I haven't started yet-Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner. Melissa says she likes that author but hasn't read this particular book.
Of course I like the Jeffrey Archer books especially Cain and Abel.
Tell MIles I'm all for Winnie The Pooh and it is a classic!

June 20, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Jamie --

I have a couple of suggestions, also! My own book group is reading Garbage Land, which is excellent -- where the trash goes and the politics of packaging -- non-fiction which has made me feel much less guilty about all the stuff I don't recycle! Another title, Jesusland by Scheeres, features a cameo by my own high school. Elsewhere by Zevin is another very quiet, short, book about life after death. Hope you find a good one!

--Melissa (not Rob)

June 23, 2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mylz said...

REMEMBER THE CLASSICS!!!!!!!!
FIGHT THE POWER!!!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAN!!!!



Hippie talk is a second langage to me!

June 27, 2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home