Sunday, January 27, 2008

Talking Eds Democratic Caucus--Cast Your Vote!


Iowa's over. New Hampshire's a done deal. Nevada's history. South Carolina likewise. Still no candidate emerges to don the mantle of Democratic leadership. It's time for the Eddys to step up to the plate and set the Party on the path to victory over the dark forces of the Cheney/Bush empire. Between now and February 5 the Talking Eds Democratic Caucus will be conducted here. Like every good caucus you need to not just cast your vote, but explain it. You don't have to be a registered Democrat or even a registered Eddy to participate (girlfriends are cool, as are other relatives, friends, and hangers-on). There are no age restrictions--kids and the elderly are equally viable.

Cast your vote to save the country! Click on "Comments" below!

8 Comments:

Blogger Webmaster said...

I guess I should get this thing started. I think I'm going with Obama. Much as a liked Bill, I don't think I want to go back to those battles, and I think Obama's vision of one people, his ability to attract voters from across party lines, and his ability to inspire give us a chance at something new. I think having a African American with the middle name of Hussein and with half-brothers and sisters in Kenya occupying the White House will give the world cause to look at America again. That doesn't mean he'll succeed necessarily; Bill was right that Obama is a "roll of the dice." But he seems to be a brilliant man of extraordinary gifts, and this recovering Hillaryite is ready to roll. I also think he is our best hope to beat John McCain.

January 27, 2008 10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As the duly designated representative of the Ann Arbor Voting Bloc (e.g. Claire and I), I hereby throw my weight behind Barack.

My Obama love affair started four years ago at the Democratic National convention, where this upstart senator stole the show with his speech. He's intelligent, young, and silver-tongued. If you want to relive the Clinton glory days, elect Obama.

Furthermore, he's the poorest of all the democratic nominees, with a net worth of barely 1 million USD. His youth, and his down-to-earth bank account make him seem much more accessible than Billary or the Four-Hundred-Dollar-Haircut-Man

January 28, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

We saw Obama at some town meeting somewhere, when he said that his wife Michelle said he had to run now while they still remembered what it was like to be normal. He went on to say that she still shops at Target. It made me very aware, as Max mentions, that this may be the only candidate who understands something about doing without.

January 28, 2008 9:01 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

Okay, Jamie--I'm counting that as an Obama vote. Your point is exactly what bothers me about multi-millionaire John Edwards who can't complete a paragraph without including that his father worked in the mills. The man with the $400 haircuts wants to be the defender of the downtrodden. (Any Edwards backers out there rising to the bait?)

January 29, 2008 10:57 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You can count my vote for Obama. (Since the national party has declined to do so.) Let me be clear, though, that if Hillary is our nominee I'll slap her bumper sticker on my car that day.

January 30, 2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger susie the q said...

Edwards has suspended his campaign; however, I liked him. I thought people made a big deal about the haircut thing -- how much does Hil spend on her shoes? A pair of sensible black Prada pumps is about $350. I realize Edwards was trying to fight for the "little guy," so of course it got a lot of attention... but in America, if someone isn't wearing something we can't afford, how will we know to look up to them?

As of now, I'm still undecided. I like Obama, but I'll have to see more than good speeches. I like Hillary -- especially in light of the sexist editorial cartoons blaming PMS for her public display of emotion. Those newspapers wouldn't dare, I'm sure, make a racist remark about Barack Obama, but they don't hesitate to blame any emotion Hillary has on femaleness.

So, at this point, I'll vote for anyone who can convince me that I can have health insurance for the first time in years. I liked Edwards because he was passionate. I think people mistook his passion for a heaping spoonful of "crazy."

January 31, 2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger chris said...

The Republicans have been waiting years for Hillary to run and they are ready. The Republicans I work with are passing around a 90 minute DVD that goes over her involvement in all the Clinton era scandals. Obama is such an appealing candidate. I was glade to see him beating Hillary among white males. That along with the fact that Hillary is having to spend her own money on the campaign gives me some hope that he could pull it off.

February 07, 2008 9:12 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I'm suppose to be cooking dinner so will make this quick, much to your relief. Melissa is a Hilary person and I am for Obama. Along with Hilary's other great qualities, Melissa thinks it will take a while for Obama to get things going (remembering the tough first year Bill had--or was that just West Wing?)and this next president is obviously going to inherit disasters on nearly all fronts. I want Obama because, as much as I've liked Hilary more and more as I hear her campaign (universal healthcare and education reform at every speech!), I just don't think she can win. And if she did, she would be dogged by trumped-up House investigations and all sorts of Republican nastiness. I would concede that she would be the better president if she could get beyond that.

February 14, 2008 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home