Saturday, January 20, 2007

Uncle Rob's secret life in AC/DC...

Sync your iPods and scroll down to "Beast of Eden" basement tapes and prepare to be rocked out, younguns! This was back in the day when musicians played these long things called instruments, though--now that I think about it--I was not.

http://carbon.indstate.edu/wolf/music/music.html

East of Eden and Uncle Bob & the Fear, too.

Trivia:
1. BoE and UB&F were basement tapes that all but two songs were "first takes". There were also no overdubs.
2. The harmonica on BoE song "Steppin' Stone" is actually Rob's mouth.
3. EoE's GRE scores were better than any band in the history of rockenroll.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Woh, woh, woh: the "f" word is in the first Uncle Bob song, parents. Sorry. It is used in full artistic context, though. And I didn't write it, Mom. So, heh, heh, just skip that one until 2015...

January 20, 2007 9:26 PM  
Blogger Mylz said...

I'm learning guitar. So, instruments still exist, but are just put in the hands of screaming shirtless guys with really long blond hair. Let's just say, some people "Don't know what they're singin"(weird al's 'smells like nivana', parody of 'smells like teen spirit by nirvana')

January 21, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im setting my iPod to "rock"

January 22, 2007 3:27 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

Boy, that stuff sounds great. You guys was a hot band.

January 22, 2007 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home