Obama = Carter--No; Obama = Truman--Yes!


Ari Emanuel (brother of Rahm) writes in the Huffington Post that the proper comparison for Barack Obama is not to Jimmy Carter but to Harry Truman. His case is worth a look; you can read it here. Here's how he concludes:
"Like Truman, Obama will not be fully appreciated until he is out of office. But, like Truman, he will win re-election. And also like Truman, Obama will one day be considered one of America's great presidents because of his willingness to do bold things and take responsibility for momentous decision -- even unpopular ones. Give 'em hell, Barack."
I'd vote for that campaign slogan. Was it also Truman who said, "I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell"?

1 Comments:
I read that, too. I hope the political people in the administration start picking up on that theme. Actually, after reading that and seeing the stories about him in Kokomo, I fantasized about Barack visiting our house, and when the reporters started asking me about him, I'd make the Truman comparison. Must be from the same area of the brain that provided my recurring Beatles-playing-in-the-back-yard-at-Myrtle dreams.
Post a Comment
<< Home