Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Daring Adventure

As you may have heard, I am going to be doing something rather unusual. Starting on June 1, I'll be taking to the road on a month-long bus trip across America.

You can find more a whole lot more about why I am doing this, and what lead to this happening over here.

The most important thing, of course, is my tentative schedule. Behold:

June 1 -- Boston, MA

June 3 - 5 -- New York, NY

June 6 - 8 -- New Jersey

June 9 - 11 -- Atlanta, GA

June 12 - 16 -- New Orleans, LA

June 17 -- Austin, TX (?)

June 19 -- Omaha, NE

June 21 - 23 -- Boulder, CO

June 24 -- San Francisco, CA (?)

June 25 - 27-- Corvallis/Portland (?)

June 28 - 30 -- Seattle,WA

 

Question marks show places where I am not sure where I'll be staying. It sounds like Sarah is going to be busy while I am in her area, but maybe we can work something out. Here's hopin'!

3 Comments:

Blogger Webmaster said...

Max, I guess saying "Be careful" is somewhat beside the point, given the nature of the enterprise. But you may want to keep in mind that Mr. Kerouac's masterpiece is found in the fiction section of your neighborhood bookstore, not in the self-improvement section. It's good that you haven't got a Neal Cassady driving you across the country in a Buick at 120 mph; buses are a better way to go. I've never found that writing and traveling were a good match; the writing takes too much time from what you're traveling for. Keep us posted on your progress.

May 30, 2010 9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how much writing will happen on this trip, but I do know that I'll be reading an awful lot.

And truth be told, the stellar graphic novel by K. Thor Jenson called "Red Eye Black Eye" is the direct inspiration for this trip. It's a pretty good read!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1891867997/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0ZWV12TPVYG7HZ8R23AN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

May 31, 2010 11:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Also, I have to confess that I've only read Dharma Bums. On The Road is on my reading list, though.

May 31, 2010 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home