Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Farm wth Snow and Frost


This morning we had a heavy frost which looked pretty spectacular with the snow and the bright morning light. I went out with my camera and tried to capture the look of it. Between my my lack of skill with a camera and the camera's trying to do everything on its own, I don't think I really nailed it. But some of the pictures were kind of nice. You can see more here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcile said...

The pictures are beautiful! Almost makes me like winter.

February 14, 2010 12:36 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Have you ever tapped those maple trees in the first picture? It's getting to be about the right time.

February 14, 2010 2:18 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

No, and I've got several other hard maples across the farm. Should have done it when the kids were still around. Also I remember how little syrup all that sap boiled down to when you guys used to do it.

February 14, 2010 8:31 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Funny, I almost called you saturday morning to ask you if the farm was frosted. As I drove to campus I was amazed how beautiful it was. It even sparkled. Friday I drove to work along the river and it was sight to behold.

February 15, 2010 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home