Mike's Oregon trip
Last weekend at this time I was flying out to Oregon. My boss had been invited to a distance learning meeting at Oregon State, couldn't go, and sent me instead. My business started Monday, so I flew out Saturday, and was able to spend Saturday evening and Sunday with Sarah, as well as some times on Monday and Tuesday. On Sunday Sarah drove me out to the coast for some birdwatching and the opportunity to hang out at the ocean. On the way west we stopped at Alsea Bay in Waldport to check out the ducks. Then we were on to Seal Rock State Park where the rough seas were crashing into the rocks with beautiful/scary ferocity as captured inadequately in the embedded photo. Then we drove north to Newport and had lunch at a nice pub-style restaurant at the Rogue brewery (eat your heart out, Rob) that sits right on the Yacquina Bay in the shadow of the Newport bridge. I got to meet several of Sarah's friends during my stay and generally had a great time. I've posted a few pictures here.

2 Comments:
Makes me want to go back to Oregon. Obviously, I missed something!
You did, Grandma! I just learned about this spot in the last year. It was so close to where we went, but I didn't know it was there. It's now one of my favorite places on the coast. =)
Post a Comment
<< Home