Corrections, Clarifications, and Elaborations
I got 90 percent on my trivia quiz; I think that's probably an adequate level of self-knowledge. I offer the following comments on several questions.
Question 5: Regarding my TV preferences at 4 and 5, partial credit should probably be granted for Howdy Doody and Pinky Lee (who was a precursor to Pee Wee Herman).
Question 8: Regarding classical music, I also was interested because Mom played Moonlight Sonata, Liebestraum, Afternoon of a Faun, some Chopin, etc. on the piano.
Question 16: Regarding the naked John and Yoko poster, I don't remember adding paper underwear. Sure that wasn't Mark?
Question 20: I'd note that getting arrested on Thanksgiving was the crime Arlo Guthrie was convicted of in Alice's Restaurant. Nice item whoever wrote it!
Question 24: I'd note that Mike's date to the Prom is now a guidance counselor at Sunnyside Jr. High, where she got to know the other Michael Eddy!
Question 28: "Body by Fisher" was college girlfriend Cathy Fischer's slogan in her campaign for Grand Prix queen, not actually Homecoming, per the answer guide--but close enough. Mike felt a strange mix of pride and embarrassment over this.
Question 36: I stored records in a green trunk (rusting in my garage), but I think Chris is also right about the white painted orange crate. I'd urge giving him credit for that, except for the fact that he's still got the records.
Question 41: Answer key is wrong here. I saw Bobby Kennedy, but I shook hands with Gene McCarthy.
Question 43: The alleged making out occurred only once and under circumstances in which I was not entirely responsible for my actions. To illustrate I note that on that same night I also lavished attention on another woman who could have ruined the remaining years of my youth had I not backed away the next day. Whew! All this was pre-Bonnie, of course.
Question 53: I note that we were accompanied on our Canadian honeymoon by most of our graduate student friends from the English Department; we were all attending the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. We all stayed in a big tent together. After the honeymoon we all drove to Michigan City for our wedding. We had the sequencing backwards there, but it worked out okay in the end.
Question 5: Regarding my TV preferences at 4 and 5, partial credit should probably be granted for Howdy Doody and Pinky Lee (who was a precursor to Pee Wee Herman).
Question 8: Regarding classical music, I also was interested because Mom played Moonlight Sonata, Liebestraum, Afternoon of a Faun, some Chopin, etc. on the piano.
Question 16: Regarding the naked John and Yoko poster, I don't remember adding paper underwear. Sure that wasn't Mark?
Question 20: I'd note that getting arrested on Thanksgiving was the crime Arlo Guthrie was convicted of in Alice's Restaurant. Nice item whoever wrote it!
Question 24: I'd note that Mike's date to the Prom is now a guidance counselor at Sunnyside Jr. High, where she got to know the other Michael Eddy!
Question 28: "Body by Fisher" was college girlfriend Cathy Fischer's slogan in her campaign for Grand Prix queen, not actually Homecoming, per the answer guide--but close enough. Mike felt a strange mix of pride and embarrassment over this.
Question 36: I stored records in a green trunk (rusting in my garage), but I think Chris is also right about the white painted orange crate. I'd urge giving him credit for that, except for the fact that he's still got the records.
Question 41: Answer key is wrong here. I saw Bobby Kennedy, but I shook hands with Gene McCarthy.
Question 43: The alleged making out occurred only once and under circumstances in which I was not entirely responsible for my actions. To illustrate I note that on that same night I also lavished attention on another woman who could have ruined the remaining years of my youth had I not backed away the next day. Whew! All this was pre-Bonnie, of course.
Question 53: I note that we were accompanied on our Canadian honeymoon by most of our graduate student friends from the English Department; we were all attending the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. We all stayed in a big tent together. After the honeymoon we all drove to Michigan City for our wedding. We had the sequencing backwards there, but it worked out okay in the end.

7 Comments:
You all stayed in a big tent together? Wow. The lengths one will go for good Shakespeare.
Question 5 - Any credit for Kukla,Fran and Ollie?
Question 36 - I have the records because you gave them to me in the orange crate.
Question 41 - Yes, another point for me! Was that at Columbian Park?
Question 13 - Do you really think you left John and Yoko naked on the wall of Mom's little bedroom?
My new score = 80%
Rob, we Democrats are famous for our big tent philosophy.
Chris, I certainly watched Kukla, Fran, and Ollie (Fran was hot, wasn't she?) but the others were daily regulars. And the McCarthy handshake was in Columbian Park. You remember that?
I was there at Columbian Park but I don't recall if I got to shake his hand. I think I did because he commented on how many of his buttons I had.
How does it happen that I have known Mike longer than any of you and I missed 9. Looks to me like Mom was kept in the dark about a lot of things.
That is top score, Mom! Someone finally unseated Chris. Mike is probably frightened that you knew THAT much.
My bad on the Bobby Kennedy one. I knew it was Eugene McCarthy. I must have mismarked that on the answer key. I missed 10 or 11. However, since I had about 20 questions on the quiz, I might have had a little advantage. Wow, Mom, that 9 is dang impressive! Chris, it's good to know that your head is still swimming with trivia after all these years.
Post a Comment
<< Home