Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Valentine's Romance

If you've been keeping up with the business news lately you may have heard about this corporate deal appropriate for Valentine's Day (yes, I'm a day late). NASCAR and Harlequin Romances have teamed up to produce a series of NASCAR-based romances. (Yes, I know this sounds like the set up for a joke, but it's real news, folks.) NASCAR figured out that 40 percent of race fans are women, and that they are some of the most avid fans. And Harlequin knows how to sell romances to women, so it was a match made in heaven, or perhaps at Daytona? I guess this gives a new meaning to the idea of the "racy novel."

I'm starting to warm up to this concept, actually. How about Love in a Pitstop--Four seconds was enough for his crew to gas him up, change his tires, and break his heart!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mike, that is simply wonderful.

February 17, 2006 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home