Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm gainfully employeed once more!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I accepted the job in Florida. As of next Friday I'll be working in the Panhandle on a military base doing biological survey. The military base used to be a National Forest (dunno how/why it was converted to a military operation) so its basically a huge wilderness area. I will be working with salamanders, florida bog frogs and an endangered woodpecker.

For the first time ever, I'm responsible for finding my own apartment, so I'm gonna have my own place. Very exciting! If anyone wants to come visit you are more than welcome. Phillip is talking about coming down for spring break maybe... I DO recommend coming in the spring before it gets miserabley hot (or fall if I'm still there). This will probably be the spot I stay until I get into graduate school (which could be this fall or who knows when...). I get benefits and the job lasts as long as I want it too.

I will probably be living in a town called niceville, which is kinda creepy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I have NEVER worn a fish on my head, Susan.

Congratulations, Sarah!

January 13, 2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! There's a comic book shop? I guess I have to try to visit now! (WINK)

Congrats sarah! I won't make any jokes about sabotaging "the man" since you're probably under surveillance.

January 13, 2006 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home