Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"I was blind but now I see"

For those of you who don't know, Mom had cataract surgery on her right eye yesterday. Things took a bit longer than she had anticipated (prep, not surgery), but the outcome was fine. Thanks to Rob for taking her in and waiting it out.

I took her in for a follow-up with the eye doctor this morning and her vision in that eye without her glasses is now better than it had been with her glasses before (I think I got that right). Her chief complaint was that her dialated eye had not undialated even this morning. Consequently, she had to wear her big Ray Charles sunglasses to the appointment. The doctor was a little hazy on when her eye would return to normal--sometime in the near future. She would probably be posting this info herself except that the shining computer screen hurts her eye.

Grandchildren should be aware that your Grandmother can now see your every move--so no more stealthy raids on the cookie drawer!

2 Comments:

Blogger Webmaster said...

I do think I should get points for the musical reference in the title of this blog, but I concede that it lacks the tantalizingly enigmatic quality of Mark's still unfinished "Gwine to run all night."

November 09, 2005 8:43 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Now I'll have to scratch off the Dollar General price tag from her Christmas gift.

November 10, 2005 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home