From a Remote Outpost in the Pacific
Sarah sent this e-mail out on Sunday and I just found it yesterday (and Blogger wouldn't let me post anything last night). On Monday she reported seeing two more shark attacks and was going to spend Tuesday capturing birds with nets so they can be banded. Here's her Sunday e-mail:
Hey Dad,
So I'm being lazy and instead of posting pics myself (because I've forgotten my password), I thought I would send them to you. I'm sending 3.
One is Saddlerock from the Lighthouse. We had our first shark attack today! Of course it occured behind Saddlerock, so all we could see was a flock of very excited screaming, diving gulls and a calm area of water seeping out from behind the Saddlerock. The calm water is caused the oil from the seal/sea lions fat leaking out onto the water. About 10 minutes later the shark dragged the carcass underwater and
came out from behind the rock. At that point I got to see a fin and I was very excited! That's it for the shark.
Another pic is a bunch of elephant seals. They were so damn cute that I couldn't help but take pictures. I was trying to read their tags at the time, but there were so many piled on top of each other that it was quite difficult.
The last picture is a vista of Point Reyes National Seashore, which is the area I left from to come to the island.
That's it. Hope you had fun today with the family!
Sarah


Hey Dad,
So I'm being lazy and instead of posting pics myself (because I've forgotten my password), I thought I would send them to you. I'm sending 3.
One is Saddlerock from the Lighthouse. We had our first shark attack today! Of course it occured behind Saddlerock, so all we could see was a flock of very excited screaming, diving gulls and a calm area of water seeping out from behind the Saddlerock. The calm water is caused the oil from the seal/sea lions fat leaking out onto the water. About 10 minutes later the shark dragged the carcass underwater and
came out from behind the rock. At that point I got to see a fin and I was very excited! That's it for the shark.
Another pic is a bunch of elephant seals. They were so damn cute that I couldn't help but take pictures. I was trying to read their tags at the time, but there were so many piled on top of each other that it was quite difficult.
The last picture is a vista of Point Reyes National Seashore, which is the area I left from to come to the island.
That's it. Hope you had fun today with the family!
Sarah



1 Comments:
Cute seals. Those big eyes.... awwww!
It's so CUTE!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home