Sunday, May 29, 2011

After Weeding on Memorial Day

Bonnie and I weeded flower beds for a couple of hours this morning. As I came in for lunch, my jeans were wet with soggy dirt at the knees and bagging at the butt; my shirt was outside my pants and spotted with dirt; my floppy sun-blocking hat was a little sweaty; and my leather, too dressy shoes were clotted with dirt. And though it wasn't noon yet, I was feeling the irresistible urge for a Bud or PBR. Yes, I am becoming my father. One could do worse. Anybody seen my pipe?

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcile said...

Yes, it's here in his ash tray, a bit smelly of course

May 30, 2011 6:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bud or PBR? Really, Mike. You can do better.

May 31, 2011 7:58 AM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

Those were Dad's beers. Becoming like my dad ...

May 31, 2011 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home