Make someone like me happy today!
My beloved family-in-law, I am writing to ask you to consider doing something for me, indirectly. This week I am madly recruiting for GOTV (Get Out the Vote) weekend. At this point I have 97 canvassing shifts and 29 phonebanking shifts scheduled for my little six-square-mile area of Troy. I am a bit short of my goal. Imagine my relief and delight if a bunch of people (all with the same last name, strangely) stopped by the office, asking what they can do to be part of this historic presidential campaign.
The captain in your area might be even more pleased than I, since that person is working crazily in a state that might turn blue on the electoral map for the first time since 1964. And because he or she knows, like I do, that this election will be won on the ground, door by door, call by call.
My dad has signed up for three shifts. My husband (yes, that Chris Eddy) has been canvassing, and as you are aware, he doesn't even like to talk to people he knows.
You can't volunteer for me (and why would you want to? - Obama is 20 points ahead in Michigan!) but you can reach my Lafayette counterpart here:
514 Main Street, Lafayette IN
(765) 429-5137
P.S. Chris wanted me to title this post "The All Talk (and no action) Eds." Are you going to take that lying down?
The captain in your area might be even more pleased than I, since that person is working crazily in a state that might turn blue on the electoral map for the first time since 1964. And because he or she knows, like I do, that this election will be won on the ground, door by door, call by call.
My dad has signed up for three shifts. My husband (yes, that Chris Eddy) has been canvassing, and as you are aware, he doesn't even like to talk to people he knows.
You can't volunteer for me (and why would you want to? - Obama is 20 points ahead in Michigan!) but you can reach my Lafayette counterpart here:
514 Main Street, Lafayette IN
(765) 429-5137
P.S. Chris wanted me to title this post "The All Talk (and no action) Eds." Are you going to take that lying down?

2 Comments:
Jamie
I see no one answered your impassioned plea, so I will tell you that I volunteered when a worker came to my door and said she would give the office my name and number, but I never heard. Maybe I looked too old!
I do know that Steve went out last Sunday afternoon and knocked on doors. Other than that I don't know what anyone did!
We don't have long to wait!!!
Wow - too bad they missed out on your help. You're definitely not too old. One of my best canvassers is 78 and my phonebank coordinator is 77. I was really glad to hear that Steve was out. See how many people you can convert by Tuesday.
Post a Comment
<< Home