Graduate School here I come!
So, just wanted to let you all know that I went out for an interview at Oregon State University this weekend and was invited to join the Phd program. I'll be starting out there in September. Most likely I will be attempting to show that sexual conflict is driving evolution in a family of salamanders where males produce courtship phermones that make females more receptive. I've been interested in the theory of sexual conflict for a long, so I'm pretty excited by this chance. Of course once I start working on the project we'll see if I'm actually able to purse that.
OSU is in Corvalis, OR. Its about 45 minutes from the ocean and 1.5 hrs from portland. Its a really nice little town (probably not much bigger than west lafayette) with lots of good coffee and microbreweries (so if ya wanna visit me...). Its a pretty wet climate, but that means its very green out there! The town and people had a really nice feel. All the people I talked to (which of course were really only people from the seemed very interested in science, but also laid back and friendly. I think I'll fit in well there.
OSU is in Corvalis, OR. Its about 45 minutes from the ocean and 1.5 hrs from portland. Its a really nice little town (probably not much bigger than west lafayette) with lots of good coffee and microbreweries (so if ya wanna visit me...). Its a pretty wet climate, but that means its very green out there! The town and people had a really nice feel. All the people I talked to (which of course were really only people from the seemed very interested in science, but also laid back and friendly. I think I'll fit in well there.

3 Comments:
Oh man, that sounds like a totally awesome place! I hope that I can visit you there (as I have utterly failed to visit you anywhere else...)!
Congratulations Sarah. Very proud of you. Melissa and I found out your GRE scores last weekend and can't believe you weren't braggin more!
It's great to have an Eddy scientist! I'm trying to figure out if Sarah will be the first woman scientist from the Max/Marcile family trees?
Post a Comment
<< Home