NCAA Challenge: Mary Wraps It Up
Kentucky didn't come through for Chris, so Mary holds on to win the annual Eddy NCAA men's basketball competition. Chris finishes in second, though, I might point out, a mere 10 points ahead of me. Jamie finishes fourth and Michael fifth. Mary's lead over second place is 100 points while all that separates second place from fifth is 60 points. So I guess all that remains is to root for the Butler Bulldogs on Tuesday! They are in the national championship two years in a row. Amazing.
Two notes of interest. I heard that of the two million brackets completed in the ESPN Tournament Challenge, only two people correctly picked the Final Four, which seems pretty remarkable--wouldn't random chance yield better than that? Also, Butler is the first team from Indiana to be in the Final Four in consecutive years. A little surprising, given Bobby Knight's run in the 1970s and 80s. Purdue hasn't been to it in consecutive decades.
Congratualtions, Mary. We'll be shipping your new car very soon!
Two notes of interest. I heard that of the two million brackets completed in the ESPN Tournament Challenge, only two people correctly picked the Final Four, which seems pretty remarkable--wouldn't random chance yield better than that? Also, Butler is the first team from Indiana to be in the Final Four in consecutive years. A little surprising, given Bobby Knight's run in the 1970s and 80s. Purdue hasn't been to it in consecutive decades.
Congratualtions, Mary. We'll be shipping your new car very soon!

1 Comments:
I taught her everything she knows about basketball.
Post a Comment
<< Home