Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chicks in Week Two

The chicks seem to be coming along nicely. They're getting bigger and feathers are coming in on their wings. They're under a heat lamp at about 95 degrees right now. We'll take that down about 5 degrees per week till we're about equal to the outside (it's 28 out now!). They also need to be fully feathered before venturing outdoors. We've got some prep to do on their new home before then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I've wanted to get some chickens for a long time now.

March 26, 2011 3:11 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

See if Phil will build you a bed-coop. I'm sure he can!

March 26, 2011 3:33 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Naming Contest?
Dixie
Juanita
Dallas Alice
Billy
Leroy
Juliette
John Wayne

March 26, 2011 6:08 PM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

Oh, I get it, Rob. All Little Feat references. Very nice! I'm not so sure about Billy, Leroy, and John Wayne since all the chicks are chicks.

March 26, 2011 8:09 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Just name them all "Dinner."

March 27, 2011 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home