Thursday, October 12, 2006

Donner Party Eddys?

I can't remember if we are related to these guys are not. Does any of the Eds around here have any ideas?
I simply have to know if I am really the The Hero of the Donner Party or not.

"I have been told that Mr. Eddy was not a truthful man, but he certainly was a kind-hearted man, and to his tender care I owe my life."

Yeah, that sounds like us. Right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Webmaster said...

I think our connection is with the Dinner Party Eddys. Of course, if the Dinner Party Eddys ever got together with the Donner Party Eddys, the results could be troubling.

Donner Party Eddy: "Alright, who's for dessert?"
Dinner Party Eddy: "Oh, I am, I am! Dessert is absolutely my favorite course!"
Donner Party Eddy: Please supply your own punch line here.

October 16, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

My recollection is that we are related. I have a documentary on the Donner Party that is absolutely the most depressing television show ever made. I'll bring it for Christmas afternoon. Or maybe Thanksgiving is more appropriate?
Rob

October 19, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike - Post-Modernist humor = AWESOME (that is post-modernism, right? Isn't everything sort of post-modernist?)

Rob - Definetely Thanksgiving.

I asked about the Donner Party Eddys because the website I was reading says something to the effect of, "many Eddys try to claim relation to the Donner Party Eddys, but they are full of crap."

October 22, 2006 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home