And Wilma Leeeeeeeee
Fans of John Hartford will remember his song "Tater Tate and Alan Mundy" from Mark Twang consisted of a list of the names of every bluegrass luminary Hartford could think of, delivered in a breathless monotone at auctioneer speed. And it concluded with a lasciviously drawn out "and Wilma Lee" in Hartford's deepest, most testosterone-infused baritone.
That Wilma Lee was Wilma Lee Cooper and her passing last Tuesday, at age 90 in her home of Sweetwater, Tennessee, was noted in a lengthy obit in the New York Times which you can check out here. If there is a bluegrass subdivision in heaven, surely her first question of John Hartford will be "You know how you sang my name in that song--what was up with that?"
That Wilma Lee was Wilma Lee Cooper and her passing last Tuesday, at age 90 in her home of Sweetwater, Tennessee, was noted in a lengthy obit in the New York Times which you can check out here. If there is a bluegrass subdivision in heaven, surely her first question of John Hartford will be "You know how you sang my name in that song--what was up with that?"

1 Comments:
I can comment again! The problem was that I wasn't using google chrome. Now that I am back I
've forgotten what I had wanted to say about this in the first place.
Post a Comment
<< Home