Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Steve Eddy Audio Essay: Canvassing for Barack


Here's another funny and insightful essay from Steve. This time he recounts canvassing his neighborhood on behalf of Barack Obama. In one of the better moments, Steve describes how he pressed the wrong button on the Obmama website and got assigned an area to canvass rather than a list of names to call. Terrified of knocking on strangers' doors, he calls Obama headquarters to plead his case, "offering waterboarding as an alternative."

2 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Well said, Steve. I almost believed that part about including the creepy and otherwise unattractive people.
Did you see the candidate roast when Obama said his real middle name was Steve?

January 30, 2009 5:54 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Let's just say it's a fictionalized accounts of real events.

I didn't see the thing about Obama claiming my middle name. Guess he's in good company now. I hope he lives up to my name.

January 31, 2009 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home