Back in my day....

I used to catch salamanders in a secret location in the ravine behind Myrtle Dr. known as "the pond". A little on line research has shown that they were Southern Two-lined Salamanders. Of course we only knew them as Eurycea Cirrigera. I would be happy to lead an expedition back to this secluded area at some appropriate time to see if after 40 years these little guys are still living there. Be warned that we will have to leave the relative safety of Glenwood Heights and cross the border into Ravinamy!
If your hankerin' for some new bluegrass music you might check out The Infamous Stringdusters . We saw them play at a local festival and were impressed. I love the CD.

2 Comments:
I am totally down for salamandar hunting. I have never seen one in the wild before!
Also, I can vouch for the band: they did an outstanding performance
I'd definitely be in! I've only seen tiger and small mouth salamanders in indiana.
Post a Comment
<< Home