Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sarah in Washington for Cross Award

Sarah arrived in Washington DC on Wednesday night to receive the Patricia Cross Award at the national convention of the American Association of Colleges and Universities. Here is the AACU's announcement, which includes a profile of each awardee. The 10 awardees from around the nation were recognized at the opening day ceremonies on Thursday morning and presented a session called Faculty of the Future: Voices of the Next Generation later Thursday morning. Here is the program for the event; the opening ceremony is on page 8 and the Cross awardees' forum is on page 9. (I've archived this document in Google Docs. Use the slider on the left to get to the pages.)

Phillip joined her this morning for a weekend of hanging out in DC.

Her parents are very proud.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I talked to Sarah for twenty minutes at Christmas and got several new ideas to try in my classroom, so I'm not surprised that she is being recognized for inspiring students and scientists and teachers. Congratulations, Sarah!

January 28, 2012 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home